Thursday, August 14, 2008

Six months...Whoa, Nelly!

Well, folks, there's no denying the fact that there's a baby in there these days! And I thought my belly grew a lot last month!

I went for my monthly appointment last week and I gained 10 lbs, yes TEN POUNDS, since last month! My doctor didn't seem concerned so that made me feel better. I'm just hoping the next few months aren't so drastic! I'll look like a weeble and have to roll around to get anywhere!

Other than the dread of having to figure out what clothes I have that fit and are appropriate to wear to work (wouldn't it be nice if I could just wear my comfy clothes!), I've felt really good. There's been a few days of lower back pain but nothing that lasts more than a day. I'm trying to stay as active as possible and still taking the stairs instead of the elevator everywhere I go. Diamond and I still go on our nightly walks but it's been getting dark earlier so I've had to shorten the distance we go at night. I actually feel SO good that most times I forget that my belly is about the size of a basketball and I try to bend over or get out of bed the way I normally would. I'm quickly reminded that I just can't bend that way anymore!

We do not know the sex of the baby and I'm glad we've waited to find out. We're still trying to decide on names but we won't be sharing those until the baby is born, so don't get excited if I say that we've come up with one!

The baby kicks and moves around all the time. I just sit with my hand on my belly waiting to feel the next movement. It's still amazing to me that there's a baby growing in there. I just can't wait until we meet! I am so blessed and owe it all to Jesus Christ. He is responsible for all of my happiness!

No comments: