Tuesday, October 14, 2008

8 Months...feels like forever!

So, I'm 34 weeks and bigger than ever! It always amazes me to see the difference from month to month. I swore I didn't get bigger than last month, but after comparing the pictures, there's no denying that this baby is still growing! I had a doctor's appointment today and it was pretty uneventful, which is probably a good thing! The baby's heart beat was strong and the heart rate was in the 130s (according to some, that is slow...so is this a boy or what???). My doctor did advise me not to take the trip to Dallas in two weeks that I was planning. I figured that's what she would say but I was still bummed. I was looking forward to visiting with friends and going to the Smokin' Spirit Party. I guess it wouldn't be worth it if I went into labor mid-flight or while I was there. I'd have to stay at Rob or Michelle or Berri's house until the baby was a few weeks old and I could fly back! I guess I'll just use my vacation days to relax.

Bryan has started painting the baby's room. My dad had offered to come down and paint but Bryan was adament about being the one to paint his baby's room. Even though he works so much and could've taken advantage of having someone else paint, it was important to him to be the one that did the preparations for his new baby. Things like that reinforce what a wonderful man Bryan is and what a great father he's going to be! Once it's done, it's going to look great. I can't wait to see how it looks with the furniture!



We are both getting excited as the due date gets closer! I don't think we realize how our lives are about to change (I know I don't!) but we're looking forward to what's in store! Diamond is also getting ready for what's coming, although she may not know it yet! We're curious to see how she acts once there's a baby around, but I am confident that she's going to be fine. Only time will tell!


2 comments:

Angel said...

oh you are so cute i just wanna slap you! Your not so little baby belly is adorable and I am totally one of those people who love to touch the belly...another reason why you shouldn't come to DAL :(

Yes, everything is about to change but for us it just got better. I mean the lack of seep is no fun and the amount of poop is just down right astonishing but the truth is I just never thought being a momma would be this much fun. You are going to love it!

Carole said...

You look amazing! I love that you have pictures in the same clothes each month! I suggested that to my daughter for "when the time comes" hahaha...congratulations again! I love your updates!