Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun with Ribbon

I started my Maternity Leave on November 1st and to keep busy I've been working on some projects to finish the nursery. I was planning on breaking out the sewing machine and making curtains, but after a trip to Joann Fabrics, I decided that without my mom here to guide me along, that task seemed near impossible. The trip wasn't wasted, though; I found some different ribbon that matches the bedding set that is in the baby's room, and I decided to decorate the lamp shade that my friend, Annie, gave me. After successfully completing that assignment, I decided to use the ribbon to decorate a basket that we have stocked with diaper-changing neccessities. I still have a few ideas of ways to complete the nursery but need a few more supplies. I will post more pics once I'm done - unless the baby is here and then I may be a little too busy!

Oh, and the pie was something I made after I ran out of things to sew ribbon to!






1 comment:

Brian, Shelya, and Blythe said...

It's amazing how becoming a mom makes you be so crafty! You should see all the things I've made!